The Boys Series by Micalea Smeltzer

⭐⭐⭐

This book had me right from the beginning. Two people who used to be best friends until he was 10 and she was 8. A tragic accident had Rory, her mom, and sister leaving Virginia and her best friend, Mascen. Ten years later Rory literally runs right into Mascen while she is escaping a one night stand, his roommate.

"I know you recognize me," I seethe. "You can pretend you don't all you want, but I saw it in your eyes." " Nice seeing you again, Mascen." "Eyes up here, Rory." " Only my friends call me Rory. You can call me Aurora."

At first they hate each other, but soon find out they have a crazy attraction to one another. With witty jabs and remarks, they soon learn that they have a spark that cannot be broken. I loved this book and the dynamic between the two characters.

Keep reading and Find out What happens with Cole and Teddy.


                                ⭐⭐⭐

"What do you mean you can't live with me? I already signed the lease. I can't back out now." -Cole

Cole is helpless unless he finds another roommate, because Teddy has to back out.  Zoey has just transferred to Aldridge University after catching her fiancé and best friend together. With the dorms all booked up and no place to stay she's offered a room with Cole after his friend Teddy overhears her sad story. With no other options, since Teddy bailed, Cole decides to try the roommate thing out with Zoey. 

"Sorry, I just wanted to say I might be able to help you out with the whole housing situation" -Teddy  "I swear to God if you offer me your bed, I'll cut your dick off"-Zoey

After a drunken night, Zoey finds out that while their chemistry is hot, Cole is a basketball player and on her dad's team. While that's complicated on its own, Zoey has just barely begun to repair the damage with her dad after years of blaming him for abandoning her. When Cole finds out about the connection with his coach and Zoey, it lights a fire in him to pursue Zoey. 

        "Sorry about this, Z." And then he kisses me. "What the Hell, Teddy!"-Cole

The final straw is when Teddy, who knows how they each feel about each other, kisses Zoey at a party knowing Cole was right behind her. Teddy knew exactly what to do to get Cole to make his move! 

Teddy played a big part in this book and I was excited to find out the next book was about him. Continue reading, because this one had me crying and falling in love with an unapologetic and charismatic, Teddy. 


                         ⭐⭐⭐

I think Teddy is my favorite male character yet! It is something about how unapologetic, real, and super funny he is. He basically was the playboy in the first book, in the second book, he was trying to control himself...we wouldn't know why until his book. Seeing that evolution has made me fall in love with him.

After screwing up over the summer and being forced to live on campus, Teddy knows he's on thin ice with his dad. Having Jude for a roommate, while fun, has quite possibly landed him in more s**t when Teddy's dad shows up and finds 3 naked ladies laying around their shared space. Damnit, Jude! 

                      "I warned you what would happen if you screwed up_"

Teddy, makes up the lie that he has a serious girlfriend and this is not his mess. His father, an abusive asshole doesn't believe him and tells Teddy that he will need to bring his "so called girlfriend" to dinner over the weekend. For once, luck is on his side when he has to get a new dorm key and runs into Vanessa. 

Vanessa is in the administrative office trying to figure out why her key doesn't work for her dorm when Teddy overhears the news... Vanessa's scholarship has been ripped from her. Seeing her devastated, he offers her a deal: pretend to be his girlfriend in exchange for her last semester's tuition being paid. How could this go wrong?!

           "Listen, I need a favor, a huge one. You help me, and I'll help you."

The chemistry between these two characters is the sweetest. Teddy falls for her head over heels and the sacrifice Vanessa makes at the end will have you gasping to know what happens next. 

There are some triggers in this book, especially when Teddy started talking about the abuse he endured,. While it broke my heart, it also lifted me up when Vanessa stood up for him, showing him what it is like to have someone care that deeply for you. 

Micalea Smeltzer has me hooked with all three of these boys. If Teddy made me cry and laugh at the same time, I'm so looking forward to Cree and Jude's stories. They can't come soon enough!

The Boys

Comments