These Hollow Vows

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐

I received this book in a Fairy Loot box and fell in love with how gorgeous the copy was. My copy comes with custom dust jackets, with artwork on the inside and a naked book that is absolutely stunning, with stenciled edges... but I digress. 
Lexi Ryan is a new to me author and I am so glad that this was the book chosen for the box. In this story, we follow Brie, a thief who is doing all she can to make payments to buy the freedom of her sister and herself back from her aunt. I was fooled into thinking this would be a Cinderella retelling.. wicked step mother type, bratty step sisters, etc. While it seems that way in the beginning, there are several twists, betrayals and a love triangle that made my head spin. 

Brie's sister is sold to the Shadow King forcing her to venture into the one place she's always vowed to stay away from, the Faerie realm. In her search for Jas, her sister, Brie is torn between lying to the boy that she's loved for the last two years and helping the incredibly handsome and intriguing, Shadow Prince. 

I loved getting sucked into this world where trusting someone is never as it seems. The tension between Brie and her two love interests, Sebastian and Finn was delicious and anxiety inducing all at once. I can't wait to read the conclusion to this duet, sadly I'm going to have to wait until July 2022! Who will Brie end up with, Sebastian or Finn? Will she embrace her new powers and use them for good or evil? Most intriguing of all, WHO CAN SHE TRUST? 

I highly recommend losing yourself in this book, you will not regret it! Also, if you're interested in getting on the waitlist for the Fairy Loot subscription box, follow 
this link --> Fairy Loot






                                                                                                


Comments

Popular Posts