Attachment Theory

 

⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: October 7, 2021
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Blurb: 
Dear Mr. Brodie,

I hope this email finds you well. 
Your well-being and personal growth are of the utmost importance to me, as a therapist. As such, I have decided it is in your best interest to continue individual therapy with another practitioner. 
This is due to the potential for boundaries being crossed between us. 
Attached is a list of colleagues I would recommend for you. 

Sincerely, 
Scarlett Shepard, MS, MFT

Dear Scarlett, 

Cool.
Consider our sessions terminated.
Now I can tell you how beautiful you are and how attracted I am to you.
Let's start crossing boundaries over dinner tonight.
You'll say it would be unethical, and I'll point out that we've only had a few sessions.
You'll cite the age difference, and I'll tell you how hot it is that you're six years older than me. 
You'll say you're a mom, and I'll remind you that I think your son is awesome. 
We don't have to discuss my former attachments to former co-stars ever again. 
This is due to the fact that clearly my only personality issues is that I'm irresistible. 

Yours in well-being and personal growth. 
Dylan Brodie, W.M.H.T.A.T.Y.E.H. (Way More Handsome and Talented Actor Than Your Ex-Husband)

Review:
I listened to this book through Audible with a full cast for narration which is an absolute treat. It's very cool to listen to some of your favorites (ahem, Connor Crais and Zachary Webber) bring to life characters without having to be both the male and female role. Kayley Loring did a fantastic job with the people cast in this narration. 

I gave the second Brodie 3 stars, not because it wasn't a great book, but because it just didn't gel with me. Kayley writes unique and cute stories that always make me laugh, but for whatever reason I couldn't relate to this book the way I desperately wanted. 

Dylan was adorable and I loved that he was so open to love and to understanding his habit of "falling in love" constantly. Scarlett was the perfect person to validate Dylan's love while also opening herself up to love after being hurt. 

Where I felt it fell short and lost me was the amount of fart jokes throughout. Let's be honest, we all find them hilarious (I'm a mom of 2 boys, I can joke with the best of them) but I felt like it was overdone in this particular book. But hey, if that's your jam, this book is for you! 

One thing I have to say about the Brodie Brothers series is that the text conversations and family scenes are hilarious. My absolute favorite part of this book was the Thanksgiving Family Feud scene, just perfect! I'm interested to see how Miles' book will play out since he's such a grump and I plan to finish the series. 


Comments

Popular Posts