Deprivation

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: September 9, 2021
Genre: Romance
Blurb:
Sick of the constant betrayal, I've sworn off men for good. But there's no cure for my attraction to Dr. Nicholas Barnes. 

I'm a magnet for egotistical playboys. It's been years since I've let anyone in. Pursuing me is merely a challenge for this overconfident ladies' man. 

What else could this handsome, arrogant surgeon want with me?

I have great friends and a job in the ER I love.
A good night's rest is what I need. One little sleeping pill couldn't hurt. Could it?

But this irresistible doctor even seduces me in my dreams. It's a delicious temptation I don't want to stop.

Yet what happens when the line between fantasy and truth becomes blurred? When you can no longer live with the constant deprivation?

This man is beautiful. He's charming. And he could be the love of my life or my complete destruction.

Review:
Possible spoilers
First, let's just talk about that cover! Who is that man and where can I get one? 

Alright, done with the drooling... This is the first book from LM Fox and the first time I've ever read a book with this concept. I loved how she wove in these two worlds that Kat exists in. One is her waking life where she's a PA in the ER of a hospital and the other is her fantasy/dream world where she exists in a world of night terrors that turn into erotic dreams. The idea behind it is both intriguing and terribly frightening, I loved it!

Nick is a man that's been burned in love and has decided that one night stands are the only form of intimacy he wants in his life until he meets Kat and he's terrified of his reaction to her. While Nick lives his life like a typical playboy, he has a lot more depth to him and is a family man at heart. If only Kat would give him a chance. 

Kat, after being plagued by sleep deprivation and nightmares for years, decides to try medication to help get sleep and quickly begins to have dreams of another variety. I've heard of people sleep walking before, but actually having alternate lives while under the influence of sleeping pills is eerily intriguing. LM Fox took this nugget and ran with it. 

One of my favorite aspects of this book is the relationship between the people who work at the hospital. They're a close knit group of friends and their interactions are filled with humor, love and scenarios that could only happen in an ER. I am looking forward to reading the next two books in the trilogy, especially with the ending of this first book! 

Comments

Popular Posts