Window Shopping

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: October 19, 2021
Genre: Holiday Romance
Blurb: 
Two weeks before Christmas and all through Manhattan, shop windows are decorated in red and green satin.
I'm standing alone in front of the famous Vivant department store, when a charming man named Aiden asks my opinion of the décor.

It's a tragedy in tinsel, I say, unable to lie. 
He asks for a better idea with a twinkle in his eye. 
Did I know he owned the place? No. He put me on the spot. 
Now I'm working for that man, trying to ignore that he's hot. 
But as a down on her luck girl with a difficult past, I know an opportunity when I see one- and I have to make it last. 

I'll put my heart and soul into dressing his holiday windows. 
I'll work without stopping. And when we lose the battle with temptation, I'll try and remember I'm just window shopping. 

Review:
I'm am so here for all of the Holiday romances that are popping up. There's nothing better than curling up with a feel good book full of love, laughter and holiday cheer. 

Tessa Bailey has quickly become on of my favorite authors and I'm chomping at the bit to get through her back log. Yet again, she did an amazing job with this book. It's a grumpy/sunshine trope but with a twist. This go around, our sunshine comes in the form of the adorably sexy, bow tie wearing, Aiden and our grumpy is Stella. She's a recently released ex con just trying to figure out how to live in a world that's moved on without her after four years. 

"She groans. 'I can practically hear the bow tie in your voice,' 'It's a Mrs. Claus theme today. That woman doesn't get enough credit for holding down the fort."

Both characters are relatable, loveable and multi dimensional... hallelujah! Even though Aiden gives Stella the chance of a lifetime, she refuses handouts and he gives her the space to succeed or fail on her own. While this story is set during the holidays, it's not over the top filled with holiday cheer. There's an actual storyline that sucks you in and keeps you reading long into the night. Just like with her other books, Tessa delivers that heat in just the perfect way. Hiding behind those Christmas themed bow ties is a man with all the alpha we love to see in the bedroom!

This book was the perfect book to start my Holiday Romance reads and I'm so looking forward to many more from Tessa Bailey. Excuse me while I head to Target and start buying Christmas decorations that I don't need 🎄

Comments

Popular Posts