Crossing The Line ARC

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Release Date: November 20, 2021
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Blurb:

He calls me PG, short for Paisley Grove, and my heart pirouettes. 

Nobody calls me that but Hercules Lord, a man I've had a crush on since high school.

He and I could never be together, though. A romance between us is strictly forbidden. The Lords are old money, and my family, the Groves, is new money—and the Groves and the Lords don't mix. The hate between our families runs deep. Deep enough to create an invisible line in the sand that neither of us ever dared to cross.

However, that's never stopped us from staring at each other from across the room. And we've always been cordial to each other. Then there was that night seven years ago. I bet Hercules doesn't know that he’s my first.

Yet here we are again, gazing into each other's eyes. Tonight feels different. Tonight we're older, wiser, and ready to cross the line. 

Review:

There were so many things to love about this book, the characters in particular were my favorite. Hercules Lord is the strong silent type and Paisley Grove is a coding wiz. Each work at two different companies that are owned by their families. Any relationship between the two is problematic since there is a bitter rivalry between the families. It's been years since their last meeting when Paisley gave her virginity to Hercules and ran....until now. 

"It's you." How long has it been? Seven, eight years? The last time we looked at each other this way comes back in a rush of memory."  

The story jumps ahead and picks up where Hercules and Paisley meet again and are having to sneak around without their family finding out. The storyline has a Romeo and Juliet feel to it with a modern twist that makes this a must read. It has family secrets, scandalous engagements and plenty of spice! The connections between our two main characters has you wishing for a relationship like theirs. Is it possible for them to remain friends or is it destined to become more for good?

"I've been needing to kiss you" "But I know that if I push you to go too fast, you'll pull away."

I feel like the end of this story sets it up for more books following the supporting characters. I really liked the writing and plot of Crossing The Line and cannot wait to read more from this author!

Comments

Popular Posts