Holiday Brothers

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: November 4, 2021
Genre: Holiday Romance
Blurb:
One week with one little girl- an angel, according to my staffing agency. Acting as the short-term nanny for a single dad should have been an easy way to make some extra cash. Until I show up for my first day and face off with a demon disguised as a seven-year old girl wearing a red tutu and matching glitter slippers. 

Oh, and her father? My temporary boss? Maddox Holiday. The same Maddox Holiday I crushed on in high school. The same Maddox Holiday who didn't even know I existed. And the same Maddox Holiday who hasn't set foot in Montana for years because he's been too busy running his billionaire empire. 

Enduring seven days is going to feel like scaling the Himalayas in six-inch heels. Toss in the Holiday family's annual soiree, and Christmas Eve nightmares really do come true. But I can do anything for a week, especially for this paycheck, even if it means wrangling the naughty, impressing the nice, and playing the nanny.

Review:
The Naughty, The Nice, and The Nanny is the first in the Holiday Brothers series. It's the perfect read to get you into the Christmas spirit with just enough cheer, romance and family. 

I loved Natalie, Maddox and especially Violet, our little hellion who just wants to get the attention of her dad and acts out from the loss of her absentee mom the way most young kids would. 

"She wore a red tutu and matching glitter slippers. In one hand, she held a wooden spoon. In the other, a butcher's knife.' 'You must be Violet,' I said. The angel."

At the heart of this romance is the love between a single dad and his daughter. All Maddox has ever wanted is for someone to see the beautiful heart of his little girl, but he has no idea how to raise her on his own while shielding her from a mom who blows whichever way the wind does. Enter Natalie, our headstrong, quirky, and lovable nanny. She sees Violet for the little girl she is and loves her the way she deserves, while also falling for Maddox.

"What favor?' I plucked my coat from a hook and pulled it on. Unless he asked me to give up sugar in December, whatever favor he asked for - sexual or not - would likely be met with a resounding yes."

This was such a sweet start to this series, it's a quick read that will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy and ready to meet Heath Holiday. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: November 4, 2021
Genre: Holiday Romance
Blurb:
I pride myself in being grounded. Sure, I've had my share of childhood fantasies. Winning an Oscar. Winning the lottery. Winning an Olympic medal for an athletic talent I have yet to discover. But the only Fantasy I ever thought might actually happen was winning my brother's best friend. 

Heath Holiday.

My crush on him has ebbed and flowed over the years, but the day I started working for his construction company was the day I smothered it for good. Sort of. Mostly. It was on my to-do list. Making it a priority would have been easier had he not arrived at his family's annual Christmas party looking ridiculously handsome in a suit. 

Then he kissed me. We stepped into an alternate universe and he kissed me. I assumed the next day I'd just be Guy's little sister again. The office newbie. Our kiss forgotten. Except he keeps showing up at my house. With gifts. 

A gold bracelet carrying three jingling bells. Two dainty jeweled earrings, each shaped as a bow. And finally, he brought himself. 

One brother's best friend, asking if I can keep a secret. 

Review:
The second brother in the Holiday Brothers series, our story follows Heath Holiday and his best friend's little sister, Stella. 

One thing I've noticed about Willa Nash's characters is that she does an excellent job making them unique, relatable and easy to cheer for. These two characters had it all, especially Stella with her quirky sayings and lack of filter. Several times I found myself cracking up with some of the embarrassing situations Stella found herself in and then quickly swooning over how Heath handled her embarrassment. 

"I'm sort of freaking out. Like, a lot of freaking out.' My free hand dove automatically into the bowl, but before I could scoop a handful for my mouth, Heath stole the popcorn and set it aside on the console table."

I love a good sibling's best friend story and with the added Christmas cheer, this story was the perfect escape for this season. It was another quick read that packed a lot into such a short story. My one complaint was Guy, Stella's brother. He was cocky, rude and so inconsiderate when it came to both Stella and Heath. I wasn't a fan of his personality or how he handled things, but still adored this book. I'll leave you with one of my favorite Stella-isms before cuddling up with Tobias Holiday.

"That saying. Up in the air. I say up in the clouds because clouds are fluffier, so if I'm going to be in limbo, I might as well be in the fluff."


⭐⭐⭐.5
Release Date: November 4, 2021
Genre: Holiday Romance
Blurb:
There are a lot of places I'd rather spend Christmas Eve morning that on a cold, snowy sidewalk outside someone else's home. I'd kill to be sitting beside a fireplace, drinking cocoa, wearing flannel pajamas and reading a book. 

Instead, I'm here, standing in front of my one-night stand's house, working up the courage to ring the doorbell and tell him I'm pregnant. 

I hate that term- one-night stand. It sounds so cheap and sleezy. Tobias Holiday is neither of those things. He's handsome and caring. Witty and charismatic. And once, a long time ago, he was mine. 

Our one-night reunion was only supposed to be a hookup. A fling with an old lover. A parting farewell before I moved to London and put my feelings for him an ocean away. How exactly am I supposed to explain to Tobias that I'm having a baby? His baby? Maybe I could sing it. He always loved the silly songs I made up in the shower. 

Three French hens, two turtle doves. 

And a partridge and a pregnancy. 

Review:
This story is about our last Holiday brother, Tobias and his ex girlfriend, Eva. She's just found out she's pregnant and is literally frozen on the path leading up to Tobias' house where she is planning to tell him. Very early on we see how well our hero and heroine balance each other out. 

"One. Two. Three. Four. I declare a thumb war.' 'I closed my eyes so I wouldn't cry, then said the next words. 'Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Try to keep your thumb straight."
    "I win, you come inside."

I'm not a huge fan of the accidental pregnancy trope, but I did like that Eva and Tobias were given their second chance. Tobias was my least favorite Holiday, but I still really enjoyed this novella and would recommend it for anyone wanting a quick read. Revealing a pregnancy by throwing a pee stick at someone while singing the announcement in a beloved Christmas song is definitely original and made me giggle. Past that aspect, It didn't have as much holiday cheer and perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it as much, but Willa Nash still did an amazing job! Events crossed over from each Holiday brother and it was fun to see the other side of those events unfold in each story. 

Overall, this series is a great series to sneak in during the Holiday 😉 season. Four stars for The Holiday Brothers!



Comments

Popular Posts