Honey Trap

 

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Release Date: December 27, 2021
Genre: Dark Romance
Blurb:
honeytrap

noun

a stratagem in which an attractive person entices another person into revealing information or doing something unwise. 

those who have reached a certain level within the mercenary guild, know that it's not merely a job. It isn't a hobby or a career or a fun pastime. It's a calling. A fucking honor. 

Being in the Guild is our life... Or death.

Not everyone is created equal, and not everyone is truly cut out for the work we do. It's not pretty, it's not glamorous, and its's sure as shit not moral or good. The weight of the sins we carry can become too much for some and they crack. 

When they do, they become a threat.

No one quits the Guild. Not really. Either they cut a deal to make themselves useful in another capacity, or they get eliminated. 

But who, might you ask, can kill a killer?

Who scares the boogeyman into running and hiding?

Men like me. 

The Guild is my life. My love. My very existence. 

Anyone who poses a threat to that, is eliminated. No questions, no hesitations, no mercy. 

Until her. 

Review:
Possible spoilers ahead.

Tate James does it again! I am convinced this woman can do no wrong when it comes to writing these dark romances. I've read almost all of her books and have yet to find one that didn't suck me in. She's a master of paranormal., dark romance, reverse harem, and everything in between. My only complaint is that I'll have to wait until March to get back into the depravity of the Guild. 

Danny is one the elite mercenaries in the Guild and one of the best honeytraps they have, but after an attempt on her life, she's left questioning the very organization she's been groomed to follow blindly. Leon is a highly talented hacker for the Guild and has always had a bit of an obsession for Danny, so when she calls him asking for help, he's there to provide the information, but also finds himself showing up at her safe house. 

I wasn't sure if this book would end up like Madison Kate and Hades (being Reverse Harem), but after meeting not only the sexy nerd, Leon, but the Greek God, Kai, I'm just trying to figure out who our third male will be. I'm stoked that it seems like Tate is heading in the reverse harem direction because the two guys we've been introduced to are both sexy as hell. Leon is twisted and a bit of a sociopath, while kai is an alpha male through and through. The sex scenes in this book were scorching and it's only the FIRST BOOK! I feel like I need to prepare myself for the future. 

Like any Tate James book, we're left with a woozy of a cliffhanger that had me gripping my kindle and flipping the pages just hoping for a little bit more. Alas, I'll have to wait until March to find out what happens to Kai, Leon and Danny. The story has been set up beautifully to keep readers anticipating what will happen next and the world building is on point. If you're a long time fan, you'll enjoy the little cameo we get from some people in the Hades world and even more information that comes to light about Lucas' background. Read this book now, it's available and you won't regret it! 




Comments

Popular Posts